In this article, we will tell you, why you should say goodbye to Java and should choose Kotlin. Google announced that Kotlin is an official language for Android.
- Kotlin developed by JetBrains and the fact that these are the people behind IDEs.
- The syntax of Kotlin is not difficult to understand. Its syntax is familiar to any language coming from an OOP concept or domain.
- When Google developer will launch new things about Android, they will provide support for Java for a specific time. But their first priority will be Kotlin. You can say, Java sample codes will not available after some time.
- Now almost every company is trying to shift its product development in Kotlin. The first priority of new apps development will be in Kotlin.
- Kotlin makes Android development easier. If you are coming from Java, then you will notice how much easier than Java? You don’t need to write a lot of code like Java in Kotlin.
- Kotlin is multi-platform language. If you have been familiar with Kotlin, it does not mean, that you are the only developer of Kotlin. You can write code for server and client-side platform using Kotlin Native.
- You won’t have to face the null pointer exception.
- The best thing about Kotlin which you would like that Kotlin 100% interoperable with Java. You can call Java code from Kotlin and vice-verse seamlessly. Because Java and Kotlin generate the same bytecode.
- By using Kotlin Plugin, you can easily convert your java file to Kotlin.
In my next Kotlin article, I will put an article, that which kind of support, Koltin is giving to write smart code.